CommonLit's Full-Year Curriculum
Get excited: CommonLit's new full-year OER curriculum is almost here!
CommonLit will release a full-year curriculum for grades 6-10 English Language Arts. The curriculum will be available for the 2021-2022 academic year. It will fill a need for materials that are:
- Comprehensive: Reading, writing, speaking and listening, grammar, and vocabulary;
- Scaffolded: Standards-aligned but with supportive questioning for struggling readers;
- Easy to use: Ready-made, editable teacher and student handouts included;
- Digital/Print: All lessons have a print/digital option for a blended instructional approach;
- Highly Effective: Research-backed, with strong pilot results in a diverse set of schools;
- FREE Forever: The most up-to-date version of CommonLit’s Full-Year Curriculum will be freely available at www.commonlit.org.
- 5 units per grade
Rich texts and engaging topics
- What does science fiction teach us about human nature?
- How do brands influence our thinking and behavior?
- How are characters changed through their relationships?
- Cross-curricular connections to STEM and social studies
- Explicit writing focus: informational, argumentative, narrative
- Pathways for struggling students
- Emphasis on research-based pedagogical routines
- Culturally-responsive texts featuring diverse authors and protagonists
- Focus on student voice, discussion, collaboration, and problem solving
Interested in the launch of our full-year curriculum? Sign up to get updates!
CommonLit's Curriculum: The Foundation of a Complete Literacy Model
Curriculum is the foundation of a strong academic program. CommonLit’s new Full-Year Curriculum is connected to a complete literacy program that includes:
High-quality, aligned assessments
- Formative Assessments
- Unit Assessments
- Benchmark Assessments
- Actionable data reports
- On-demand teacher professional learning